Attorney Robert Maguire has been a resident of Tallmadge, Ohio for over fifty years, a majority of which he has spent serving the legal needs of local individuals, families, and businesses. Bob began his practice in 1975 as a solo attorney and over the past several decades, his relationship with his clients and service to the community have helped the firm to flourish and grow to include multiple attorneys and staff.
Having established deep roots in Tallmadge, Bob is deeply committed to serving the community not only as an attorney, but in other capacities. Over the years, he has been involved with numerous local charities and other organizations, including having served as president of the City Council and as a trustee of the Tallmadge Library Association. He also continues to offer pro bono legal services to those in need.
Bob has been described as a “lawyer’s lawyer,” and he is proud that many of his colleagues have chosen him to represent them in their own legal matters. In addition to his own legal practice, he has taught hundreds of attorneys how to write wills as an adjunct professor at the University of Akron School of Law. He enjoys sharing his knowledge with his students, and was named Adjunct Professor of the Year in recognition of his abilities.
Bob and his wife Deb divide their time between their homes in Tallmadge and Naples, Florida, where Bob is also licensed to practice. When not working or being active in the community, Bob and Deb enjoy spending time with their family, including their two sons and four grandchildren.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Estate Planning, Trust & Probate section
- Real Property Law section
- Florida Bar Association
- Real Property Probate & Trust section
- Akron Bar Association
- Probate section
- Real Property Law section
- Collier County Florida Bar Association
- Estate Planning Discussion Group — Co-founder
- ProSeniors — Referral Attorney
- Tallmadge Library Association — trustee for 33 years and past vice president
- Weaver Industries – member of board of directors
- Tallmadge City Council – former president of council
- Tallmadge Chamber of Commerce — past trustee and past vice president
- Richardson Trust Fund — chairperson
- Tallmadge Lutheran Church — former member of Board of Directors and member of Stewardship Committee
- Leave a Legacy Foundation — member
- American Cancer Society — former member of Planned Giving Committee
- Tallmadge High School — volunteer teacher for Street Law courses
- Tallmadge Historical Society — trustee
- Tallmadge Firefighters’ Dependents Fund — former chairman
- City of Tallmadge Moral Claims Commission — former member
- City of Tallmadge Investment Board — former member
- Warrior’s Journey Home — former member board of directors
- City of Tallmadge Board of Control— former member